SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Are the planets out of whack? Rant

neetsiepie
12 years ago

Astrology buffs please chime in! I'm having an interpersonal crisis lately and need to know if it's me or can I blame it on the planets? :)

My boss is being uber-passive agressive and it's making me nuts. My assistant is retiring at the end of the month so she's got short timers disease big time. Not like she even had her heart in the job in the 14 months she's been here, but it's even worse lately.

The other assistant is going crazy because she's doing the work of 3 people and her boss is worthless, so she comes to me for advice...which in turn is making my boss even more weird about me 'not protecting my time', and turning all I do into a convoluted mess.

My work territory has a lot of weirdness about it, but none of it is anything I've done or not done...it's just the nature of the beast, so of course my boss has put a bullseye on my workload, and in turn, me. Yet at the same time, I'm getting high praises from the people I work with. In addition, I'm identifying a lot of screw ups that happened in my absence while I was out having my surgery. My job has a very technical aspect about it, and you can't just go in and make a decision without knowing the details, which is what my boss has been doing lately. So now I have to fix HER screw ups that she made look like MY screw ups. I guess part of her issue is that, she screwed up, but she's got a history of targeting staff and making their lives miserable. She gave me a positively neon glowing performance appraisal, but then she pulls this micromanaging my time/decisions/customer service crap. She and I had a little run in about my time sheet, and she went so far as to pull my key card entry log. There was a discrepency of a total of less than 30 minutes in one week. It wouldn't hold up in a disciplinary action, but just because I didn't want to let her gain ground, I suggested that I would send her an email every morning when I got it and one every evening when I left. That sent her back peddling and she told me I didn't need to do that. Oh, yes. I do. So that pretty much pissed her off and now she's gunning for other things. It's so childish!!

Ok, aside from that, my mother is being a wretched witch. I asked her last night if she was going to attend DD's graduation and she said no. What she said was "She won't even know I'm there, there will be so many people there. It's not a big deal anyway." Excuse me? College graduation, where she's worked so hard to get that double degree?? Not a big deal??? Sigh. Yet, my mother is flying across country next week to attend my cousin's wedding. The cousin I haven't seen in over 30 years. Sigh.

I am so tired of all this drama! At least home is good, and my kids are good and my DH is good. But surely there must be some kind of astral weirdness occuring?? It can't just be ME, can it?

Comments (10)