SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marys1000

Plea to reators, slight rant

marys1000
16 years ago

I have read here how realtors will leave out information to get potential clients to call and ask - part of the strategy and I understand that it makes perfect sense.

But PLEASE can you do that tease thing with something other than the basement/crawl space/slab situation?

I have a back that will not tolerate a slab. Its very frustrating to have realtors just not include a crawl space vs slab on the MLS listing because it doesn't have a basement.

Basements are a premium in this area (for township/non development properties anyway) and certainly for ranches. If it has a basement they always put it in.

I guess they figure if it doesn't have a basement the rest doesn't matter but to me, and I'm sure others, it does.

A crawl space would be a compromise for me but since I'm having an impossible time of finding what I want its one I might make.

Additionally, I've had to deal with numerous realtors who act like I'm some sort of weirdo for asking the question slab or crawl. That part is getting beyind irritating I'm getting a bit tight about it. (Dont make me feel stupid because you don't understand all the things that are important to others than yourself)

Please pass the word on all those active rain blogs out there - slab, crawl space - it does make a difference.

Mary

Who is waiting for a call back from a realtor that sounds like she's wearing a hat with a little tag on it who made it very obvious that she things I'm "one of those" because after she verified that the MLS didn't list a basement and "its probably a slab, they almost always are if it doesn't list a basement" (double Duh, I do realize she's probably right but I would like to know for sure) I asked her to check anyway. Gotta love it when they p*** potential buyers off.

Comments (12)