SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hunterosx

Eviction?

hunterosx
16 years ago

My landlord in Fort Collins, CO issued an eviction, but I am already out of the home. My neighbors called me and let me know the sheriff was over and put a note on the door. I retrieved my mail at the post office and there was a letter in there from their attorney with the eviction order. I passed this to my attorney. The reason the landlord sent an eviction to me was because they had contractors in the home when I wasn't there, and I had personal belongings missing when I got back. I told them about the missing property, but they of course have no idea what happened to it. I told them I wasn't going to move out til I got my stuff returned. I never got my stuff back, but I moved out anyway. I was forced to move because they turned the gas and water off when I was still there. (is that legal?)

My attorney and I are trying to get them to close this, but they are dragging their feet. Now they are saying that I am harassing them. The only times I called them was to give a key back & I owe an outstanding bill which I called and emailed them but they never responded.

What are their motives? It seems like they are just being jerks about this now. Any suggestions on what I can do? Any suggestions about my personal property being missing?

Thanks!

Comments (11)