SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mersiepoo

How to evict apple mint?

9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Hello all,

I had planted it (it used to be variegated, and now it's just green) in a few places in our not so great soil years ago and then ignored it because I don't really like it. I'm more of a 'chocolate mint' fan. I seem to notice that whenever I don't like a plant, it propagates itself like mad.

Anyway, I noticed it's spreading everywhere and anywhere, it's an alien plant invasion! I already had problems getting rid of tansy ( it's still coming up from seeds), but this stuff is awful! I used some cardboard to start burning the edges where it is getting ready to spread, and have built a bon fire in the middle of it last year, but it's still coming up. I dumped a bunch of wood ash on it (which works), but I'd need a dump truck load of the stuff. Plus I've got some quamash and self seeding valerian growing within it. I may just have to uproot the valerian and quamash until I destroy this invader from the tenacious plant kingdom. Any suggestions? I don't want to use poisons (roundup) that will make it so nothing will grow there that I would ever want to eat. Any suggestions except using nuclear force would be appreciated.

Comment

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals