SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
akuyamo

(very long) Neighbors falsely accusing me and lying to get me evicted.

akuyamo
8 years ago

I moved into my apartment complex a few months ago and when I was moving in the people (on top) were friendly and spoke to me every day and were generally nosey elderly people, no biggie. After I got all settled in and got my dogs in they started complaining that my dogs werent on a leash and that I was never picking up their feces. NOW granted that was true for about two weeks because my boyfriend moved in and his dog got loos/off leash all the time and he was lazy and didnt pick up the feces when he let them out. We had gotten one call from the land lord saying the dogs need to be on a leash and their waste picked up, okay no biggie I went and bought one tie out and took them out one at a time to make it easier. On 5/30/2015 I was off and took my dogs out one at a time at 9:00am, my dog peed and pooped (I of course picked it up) and his dog didnt do anything. I went back to bed and the land lord called me and said he had two complaints that my dogs were running around today without leashes. Unless they opened the door while I was asleep and went out on their own that did not happen and I told him I was asleep and we were locked in our room all day all he had to say was "Dont let the dogs off a leash" from that day forward I started keeping a log of when my dogs went out and who did what and who picked it up and at what time. The only people I could think of that would be complaining are the elderly people that live on the top theyre always our talking loudly and cackling away (a man and three women) and bitching about everyone in the aparment complex. About two weeks go by and I get a call from the land lord saying my dogs are too loud and i need to get a shock collar or get rid of them. (I bought muzzles for when Im not home at night) AND told me they are STILL getting complaints that the dogs are not on their leashes and im not picking up their poop. I have bought two tie outs and have kept a log of their bathroom schedule and I told the land lord we are picking them up, its not my dogs they have leashes. Still didnt listen to me and just told me "Keep the dogs on a leash and pick up the feces or there will be a fine" then a few days ago I got a piece of paper on my door from the land lord saying that I've broken my lease by not having the dogs on a leash and not picking up after them...WHEN I AM. and that if it continues I will be evicted. I called them today and they said the same thing "we are getting multiple complaints that your dogs arent on a leash and youre not picking up their waste"

Me: "I have been picking it up and they are never outside without a leash....I have a log of every single time theyve gone out and exactly what they did since you called me the first time and told me they were outside when they werent."

LL:"Well keep doing that but Im just telling you I have to do something when we get complaints"

Me:"these complaints are completely false and Im not sure what to do about it. I am doing everything I am supposed to and Im still getting complaints about it? I need to know the names of the people complaining because if its who I think it is they watch me pick up after them every day and im not stupid I know how to follow the rules and I like living here. I need the names of who is complaining so I can file a suit against them because im tired of the harrassment."

LL:"Maam im not trying to harrass you I just have to do something when someone complains"

Me:"So im going to get evicted because people are lying about me? I can bring you my logs and bring you my dogs feces every time they go to the bathroom if you want, this is getting ridiculous."

LL:"Noone is getting evicted you just, and im not saying you are or areny; need to keep the dogs on a leash and pick up after them."

Me:"I AM doing that."

LL:"Then there isnt a problem"

"Me:" There is a problem because I have to pay a fine or get evicted for things that arent happening because people are lying about me, what am I supposed to do about that?"

LL:" you dont have to do anything youre not getting evicted and you dont have to pay anything I just have to do SOMETHING when someone complains"

Thats basically it over and over again I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO DO -_- these people are going to keep lying about me until I dont live there anymore, and I have a feeling its because theyre racist/ageist idk, a young black couple moved out a few weeks ago and they were all so relieved "Oh thank GOD theyre gone," "About TIME we get some NEW neighbors" "We dont need THAT here at this complex" and I think it was because they were black, they were the nicest couple (Im native american and everyone thinks im mexican and my boyfriend is black) so Im not sure if thats what it is or what. Im so frusterated right now.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County