SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wishiwasinoz

Conundrum - what to pay the KD when the deal falls through

wishiwasinoz
12 years ago

We were in the very long process of buying a short sale (6+ months & still had not closed). The deal was close to going to contract when we find out a child sex offender just moved into the community, dashing our dreams of the kids playing safely alone in the cul du sac. This was definitely a deal breaker & we pulled the ofer.

Our kitchen was already fully designed by an awesome & very methodic KD. He has put in a lot of hours on the project & his attention to detail is phenomenal.

Now we are looking into building a new home (in a gated community where sex offenders are not allowed). We will definitely use him in the new build, but I want to compensate him fairly for his time with the old project.

What is fair? The kitchen was in the $40Kish price range. He hasn't gotten back to me regarding his opinion of the situation but I want to have a general idea of a fair amount of money to give him, with the consideration we will use him on the new project. We did not have a contract with him, so legally, he's probably not entitled to anything but I don't work that way.

Comments (14)