SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynn237

ready to start and need some advice. please(pic)

Lyban zone 4
13 years ago

I have mentioned a few times before that we are going to be doing the nursery at my daughters home. Now that the bathroom is finished we are ready to start.

We have changed our minds a few times as far as design in the last few months so it is maybe a good thing that we had to wait for bathroom to finish before starting.

Here is what we would like to do.

First photo: Our inspiration

Second photo : Our wall.

We do not have as wide a wall to work with but the windows are similar and we have the bulkhead anyways.The white cornice will be coming down. The window seat would be 66 inches wide and the shelves on either side only 13 inches each, but I think it will be enough for a babys room and to have a place for some cute items.

the depth of shelf area would be 15 inches.

My husband and son in law would build the unit out of wood and paint it white with the back of shelf units the color of rest of walls and then have one wide roman shade on window and a window seat cushion made to co-ordinate.

My husband is ready to proceed with this sometime in about 5 days from now so I would really appreciate all tips or advice or things that you guys might be seeing that we are missing or need to look into.

I have a seamstress that will be making the roman shades and window seat.

Questions: 1- Is this the right way to go for this unit?

2- Do you see any flaws in our plans or better solutions?

3- Would you make the shelves movable?

4- The lady who is making the blinds has alot of experience and has done work for me before and she suggests one RS across the 66 inches. Do you agree?

I am open to all suggestions and ideas. Thank you

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (13)