SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peachymomo_gw

Finally ready to post some pics of my new garden (lots of them)

peachymomo
10 years ago

I've been working on my Spiral Garden for about a year and a half now, and I'm finally ready to share some photos. This area was hot, ugly, and weedy before I started working on it, now I think it's the prettiest part of our yard. The inspiration actually came from a necessity to both cover up but leave accessible the covers for the septic tank and grey water systems, which happen to be offset oddly so that they could not be contained by a neat path and needed something swooped.

So voila, my spiral garden was born:
{{gwi:314003}}

This one is taken from the other direction and shows the nice privacy trellis my DH built, there are some Clytostoma callistegioides vines on it that I planted in April. They are pretty small now but growing fast and I can't wait to see what they look like when they bloom.
{{gwi:314001}}

This spot gets an odd mix of sun and shade so I wasn't sure what to plant, to get a better idea of what would do well where I decided to plant a mix of sun and shade lovers. I got a pair of seed mixes 'Fairy Meadow' and 'Made in the Shade' and I scattered both liberally in the spiral. I am very pleased with the result, it's a nice chaotic profusion of flowers.
{{gwi:694661}}

I planted foxgloves to give some color and interest while the vines are growing in, they are doing even better than I expected.
{{gwi:694663}}

I don't know what this flower is, but I love it!
{{gwi:694665}}

Borage wasn't in either of the mixes, in came in some old potting soil I used to help fill in the low part of the spiral. I couldn't take it out because I love it and so do the bees.
{{gwi:694667}}

Nasturtiums also came in with old potting soil, they are one of my favorite flowers.
{{gwi:694670}}

These poppies are breathtaking, I've never had them before and I think I will continue to plant them from now on.
{{gwi:694671}}

You can see my new Japanese Maple in the background of this one, it's a common seedling and I'm quite taken with it.
{{gwi:694672}}

I think this is Clarkia unguiculata, I love the vibrant color, it's another first in my garden.
{{gwi:694674}}

Little Johnny-Jump-Ups stretching for sun.
{{gwi:694675}}

One last shot that shows the rocks I gathered from the backyard and placed as a border. DH thought I was crazy at the time, now he's really impressed by how good it looks.
{{gwi:694676}}

Thanks for looking, I think this is the most beautiful garden I've ever created, it inspires me to work harder on the front. ;o)

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations