SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bgondo_gw

Eliminating smells through walls

11 years ago

I am currently working on small projects in my home. My problem is that I have a closet in the master bedroom that is opposite the bathtub in the main bath. I have owned this home for 10 years and there is a smell that has always been a problem in the closet. In the bathroom is the tub, a linen closet and the water heater along the same wall as my closet. More recently the real problem is I have a cat who I can't get to stop urinating in the tub and the smell moves into the bedroom along with the previous smell. Is there anything I can use to block smells from one room into another? Please don't lecture me on the cat, He is 13-years old and a spotless litter box makes no difference and if I close the bathroom door he urinates somewhere else. Better to rinse than replace. Anyway, I would really like to eliminate the smells from the bathroom to my closet. I'm not sure where the original smell originates from unless it could be under the tub or due to the water heater, which can't be relocated. Any advice for the walls?

Comments (14)