SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lola99_gw

build your own/inexpensive quilting frames

lola99
11 years ago

Does anyone have any experience with inexpensive quilting frames? Today I went to my LQS (to buy fabric for the October Lotto) and I saw a Flynn quilting frame. It is plastic bars that you roll your quilt on and then quilt it on your home machine, but it looks more like a long arm set up. I'm not describing it well. Here is the link to the Flynn system. My LQS has it for $150. This is different from long arm quilting, because you are moving the quilt, not the machine. So as I was researching this on the internet, I stumbled across this other site Machine Quilting solutions I watched all of this guy's videos and he has a pretty neat system. He sells you all of the parts for about $175 and you essentially build your own long-arm tracks. This system allows you to move the machine, but you are moving it from a bar below the machine.

Then I came across this site built your own machine quilting frame. In this system you are moving the machine using handles above, rather than a bar below, which I thought looked less awkward.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had tried one of these systems, or knew anyone who had and if they worked at all. The price is so inexpensive, I'm wondering if this is a case of "you get what you pay for" or if building a quilting system is a great way to go.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Lola

Comments (15)