SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
isawonderwoman

Seller is not sure about selling now? I'm confused!

isawonderwoman
9 years ago

Long story short (ish) - There is a house that we love. Drove through the neighborhood about a month ago - asked a woman if she knew of anyone who might be moving - She said she might be and she happened to live in the house that we love!! She wrote to me on Friday to say that they were moving and gave me her realtor's name. Our realtor put an offer in with us on Saturday - a good offer - House went for $325 last year - we put in for $330 - AND - they can stay there for a few more months until they find suitable housing. They didn't accept - nor did they reject - they're not sure what to do. We found out that the husband has lost his job. Sounds like they are in a tough situation and are just scared and paralyzed. I'm anxious because I love this house and will be leaving my regular job (put my notice in - last day of work is at the end of December) and will be consulting - worried that we will have trouble getting a mortgage now. Our realtor is not really giving us any clear directions as to what to do next - I'm trying to be compassionate - but I would hate to loose this house if they really are going to sell! Should I reach out directly to the seller? To their realtor? To a new realtor? Make another offer in a week or two where we offer a bit more - like $335 - and some other nice things like set up a "rent" amount until they can find proper housing? Any advice? Thank you!

Comments (20)