SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shaxhome

Now I'm Confused!

Hello to you all! I really love this forum....no back-stabbing, name-calling, dummy-spitting. Just good people going out of their way to help others. Most refreshing and so different to other forums I visit! So please be gentle with me!

I've been reading several recent posts about preferred protection programs, and to be honest, I don't know the difference between anti-virus, malware, trojans etc.

It's occurred to me that I may be running too many or conflicting ones, so I hope that if I list what I have, you good people will advise me on which ones to delete (or add).

Spybot, AdAware, Avast, SuperASpyware, WOT, Scotty is always on patrol(cute little dog...love him!)Registry Mechanic, PConPoint, CCleaner, and as for Malwarebytes, I've downloaded and run it twice, but after a few days, its icon disappears from my desktop. I look in program files, and it's listed, but with (empty) next to it.

What's going on there? Is it sulking because it's detected that I have another similar program installed? Frustrating!

And R-C, if you're there, read your recipe for the clam and crawfish dish on Landzdown (Did you know that "I come from a Landzdown Under"?)...nearly swooned with pleasure at the sound of it!

Regards to all,

Shax in Oz

Comments (22)