SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ottercreek_gw

Did anyone else Fire their Cabinet Installer?

ottercreek
18 years ago

I have a situation. We had problems with cabinets that were defective but did not notice the problems until after the installation was underway. The installer who was also the salesperson either did not notice these problems or make us aware of them. While the cabinets were going in we were focused on problems with size and style issues that were incorrect. We also had problems the first day with a peice that was broken and another that was cut incorrectly. Long story short and many months later after these peices were remade the cabinets were ready to be installed again. We had been waiting almost 4 months for the new peices.When he delivered them again two of the cabinets were broken and had to be sent back again. Now another 2 months of waiting and we finally have good cabinets to install. The installer had made so many mistakes that we told him that we were going to get another installer to finish the job. We had paid a 50% deposit to start the install and owed another 50% on completion. He is demanding that we pay him the rest of the money. He said that we did not give him the opportunity to finish the installation and we are not allowed to cancel the contract. Frankly I could not afford to chance any more problems with damaged cabinetry. We had other professional carpenters look at the initial installation and they agreed with us that it was substandard work and was installed incorrectly. Knowing this the second time he had the oportunity to install the cabinets we watched over every step to make sure they were done properly and still had to correct repeat mistakes. There just was not going to be a third chance for him. Has anyone else had a similar problem they can share with me the outcome. Thank you.... Katey

Comments (3)