SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ang76_gw

Need help w/ tile-carpet transition (pics)

ang76
17 years ago

Hi! I usually post on the home decorating area, but I have a remodeling question for you guys. My hubby... well... meant well, and decided that while I was on a business trip, he would go ahead and put down a slate floor that I had been trying to locate a contractor to handle.

He did a really good job of laying the tile down evenly, etc. -- even thought to remove the quarter round and allow expansion gaps. Unfortunately he didn't think about the transition from the tile to the carpet.

{{gwi:1527196}}

When we built this house linoleum was where the tile is now, so it was glued down under the metal "transitioner" (no idea what you call them). It's one of those things that grabs the carpet, then has a metal bend or "crest" to cover the grips. The tile is adhered and would be a major b**** to pull up.

What can we do?

A friend suggested buying screw-down transition, and just screwing it down through the metal so it basically just "covers" what's there now. But that leaves big holes or plugs visible. Are there any other options that relatively new DIYers can manage?

Thanks!

Comments (8)