SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scrappygal

Looking for feedback on a kitchen layout

Scrappygal
10 years ago

These are renderings just to figure the layout-finishes, type of cabinets, etc. will be decided layout, just beginning the process. I'm looking for feedback about placement of appliances/cabinets mostly. The room is a nice size-10 1/2 feet by 15 1/2 feet, but is challenging due to the placement of two door openings and two north-facing windows. I believe the wall that the stove and fridge are currently on is loadbearing. We are also considering widening the doorways to open it up a little since the current doorways are only about 2 1/2 feet wide. We are interested in resale as we don't know that this is our forever home, but also in usefulness-we have 3 small children. My pantry is in my hall closet because I probably need 2 more cupboards for food storage and the large table with chairs now in the kitchen has 4 large drawers, so if it's taken out, I need to replace that storage. I could probably also use 1-2 cabinets to ease my currently bursting "kitchen stuff" cabinets. I've already decluttered, so what's in there needs to fit.

CURRENT layout:

The table is a large island with seating for 3 (the children eat their breakfast there) and 4 huge storage drawers.

The EASY and cheapest solution is to make a peninsula and add a pantry in the corner.

Another idea is to add a peninsula and a WORK station by the window (shelves under the window with a counter

Another idea is to put a counter for SEATING UNDER THE WINDOW and add a set of cabinets and a tall pantry and have a workspace, but I don't know that this addresses my storage concern.

I could just throw in a bunch of CABINETS and a seating counter under the window...

Add an ISLAND with cooktop, I'd put a higher level for eating so the cooktop is a lower level than the eating area...

This is the GRAND plan-the "table" would be a passthru to the next room, but I have to keep 1/2 the wall for putting the tv on the other side-the angled cabinets would be a pantry of sorts.

This one only moves the stove, and the dishwasher to the other side by the wall (or could I have the dishwasher next to the stove???) and puts the PANTRY around the FRIDGE

(please use the caps titles to let me know which rendering you are making suggestions on or which is a favorite, thanks!)

Comments (7)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH