SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
4bwl

Kitchen layout

4bwl
8 years ago

Hello,

I am looking for feedback regarding my kitchen layout, in a new build custom home. Any and all changes, in terms of the layout, can be made at this point, so please, I would love to hear some feedback from the experts on this forum.

The kitchen is well sized and I generally like the placement of the appliances, however, I have some concerns as follows:

1. Right off the bat, my fridge/freezer will be 48'' (not 42'' as depicted on the drawing).

2. The 3 ft. distance from the perimeter to the island is possibly too small. The refrigerator door swing is 33'' without taking into account the handle.

Link to refrigerator specs:

http://www.thermador.ca/Public/documents/specifications/t30ir800sp.pdf

I realize that 42'' or more is ideal, but can 3 ft. work?

3. The shape of the island seems somewhat awkward to me. It is more square shaped than I wanted. My initial thought would be to reduce the depth from 4.5 ft. to 4 ft. and increase the aisle width.

1. I had hoped to see island seating for four people, but realize that this is not possible given the space we have.

That all said, would anyone recommend changing the island to a peninsula? I think this may help me increase aisle width and increase seating capacity.

I would greatly appreciate all feedback. Thanks for your time.

**please note that the 30'' wall ovens are currently located beside the fridge, though they are not labeled on this drawing**

My Photos · More Info

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County