SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marys1000

having just sold would i ever want to buy again? vent ok rant

marys1000
16 years ago

I write this on hold with my lender because I got an email from the title company processing the sale of my house that oh......its all done but Wells Fargo went ahead and paid the property taxes and that was already included in the payout paperwork - none of which I have seen because I'm in another state by now - and so I owe 2036.00. When I called back the woman at the title office couldn't find out who I was supposed to call because she lost the sticky note. (This after I had to fill out and have paperwork notorized and fed ex'ed twice because the first set of paperwork)

I called WF myself, got cut off by an automated system twice after hearing an automated system telling me my escrow account was in the hole 2635.64 NOT the 2036.00 title co emailed me.

You know, this is pretty freaking stressful. I can't even figure out if I'm getting screwed because the property payment thing is so complicated - why am I paying for the next 6 months? Because the next 6 months is actually for the last year or something. No way I can figure this out, especially with no paperwork so I will just have to pay it.

House sold for 275, loan payment should have been around 96, I got like 156 in my bank account. 23,000 to sell a house. I'm wondering who to sue for my heart attack.

So here I sit after having lost my shirt on the house, having moved while it was still on the market and I have to wonder - I was gone for 2 months and the house sat empty. I filled the disclosure out when it went on the market. What if something went wrong while I was gone? Do I now get sued?

I lost a bunch of money

I get to pay more after closing and possibly have my credit rating at risk

I get to spend a bunch of time dealing with automated phone systems and people who are telling my loan hasn't been paid off yet while the title company is emailing they fed exed it today and on and on

Oh, and that's all after my mortgage payment going up incredibly before I sold because WF didn't estimate something right.

You know, its all well and good for people to be fiscally responsible but it shouldn't require a degree in accounting and be your second "home" job to figure out.

Comments (9)