SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
minac_gw

Help - how do you mockup the backsplash when not on mesh

minac
16 years ago

Following the great advice on the forum I looked at both the Enchantment and the Copper Blend from Oceanside Tiles. I am deciding between those two patterns, but in the 1X2 offset joint pattern (custom). So, I ordered a sheet of the Oceanside glass tiles (was mistakenly told by the salesperson we could only order the whole sheet if we wanted a "sample"). Anyway, the way the custom sheets are delivered - it isn't on mesh, there is paper on the front of the design keeping it in place and to install it you put the exposed side to the wall/thinset then take off the paper.

So basically, I can only see the back of my tiles (which you can imagine how I freaked out thinking I had the wrong tiles at first) and if I take the paper off - the pattern will come apart.

How would you suggest I mock up the tile pattern? Do I need to go to get thinset and wallboard? Could I just use glue and cardboard? Since these are glass tiles, will one methods not really give me the idea of what it would like like on the wall versus another?

Thanks for any help you can give me. I want to get to the point I can create a mockup - and decide between the two color blends and make sure this is really the backsplash for me.

Comments (5)