SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bellacucina_gw

My finished kitchen/fam.rm. pics - - Thanks GW!!

bellacucina
13 years ago

Thanks GW'ers for helping me design my dream kitchen!!! Basically, we kept the same floor plan but relocated and changed the door to the deck and the windows (added 2 extra). We started with a KD that gave us some preliminary floor plan ideas, but quickly were on our own when we didn't hire her GC partner for the construction. And so I turned to GW, and I really don't think I could've done it without you! If you see elements of your kitchens in mine, remember that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ☺ Thank you for your inspiration and advice. Thanks especially momqs (my friend & neighbor) who lived thru the process right before me and gave me so many tips, cautions and survival skills.

My goal: a timeless kitchen with high power (gas BTU) range and a second oven to facilitate my love of baking and cooking.

We also had a terrific GC who said it would take 8 weeks and delivered. If you are near in the SW Philly 'burbs and need a recommendation, just email me!

I still need finishing touches, like photos, pops of color etc.... and probably will be turning to the Decorating Forum for help on that!

Some pics:

(before)

After:

This shows the Marron cohiba withoout the sunlight shining on it,

and with it:

Guess which feature was all DH's planning?

The details:

Range: Capital Culinarian 36" with wok grate

Hood: Rangecraft (curvette)

Fridge: Liebherr 2x 24", cabinet depth, smartsteel

Oven/Micro combo: Electrolux Icon 30"

DW: Miele Optima II

Faucets: KWC Eve for main sink; Eve soap dispenser; Eve Demi for island sink; Kohler simplice for mudroom

Water filter: Royal Doulton ceramic

Airswitches/ disposals (2): insinkerator

Sinks: Krauss SS near-zero radius for main and mudroom; "Belmont" sink from stainless-sink.com for island

Granite: "Ice Brown" on island- Fabulous experience with StoneMasters in Kennett Square (Thank you Beekeeperswife!!!!) And "Marron Cohiba" on perimeter; and honed absolute black (or something like it) on the FP

Cabinets: Wellsford Cabinetry, Stowe, PA- Crystal White with Oyster glaze on perimeter and Cherry with Sable glaze on island; full overlay

Hardware: Amerock "Revitalize"

Backsplash: Walkerzanger "Helsinki" minibricks and 1x1s

Flooring: Qtrsawn Whiteoak site finished in Minwax (25% ebony with 75% red mahogany plus 3 coats semigloss poly with 1 finish coat of satin)

Windows: Anderson

French doors: Pella with internal shades

Paint: BM aura matte Ashley Gray walls; ceilings cut to 50% in family room and *about* 25% in the kitchen. BM aura matte Wolf gray in mudroom. BM aura Marscapone trim and cabs (cabinet coat)

Pendants: Jamie Young (large St. Charles in mercury glass)

Chandy: Quoizel DW1824 "Downtown"

Stools: overstock cosmopolitan dark brown leather (Thank you GW!)

Chairs: overstock Soho cream leather (Thank you Beekeeperswife!)

Table: Costplus Worldmarket Charlotte table 42" round w/ ext.

Comments (59)