SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ehjoslin

My just-about-finished Super White kitchen **pics**

dragonfly08
12 years ago

Our 10wk-long kitchen renovation that began on Jan 2nd finally came to an end 2 weeks ago. Moving into the kitchen has been a slow but fun process and we are enjoying every minute we spend in it. We are still missing some key items, an appliance garage (currently being made at the cabinet-maker's), microwave, furniture... but gradually, we are making this place the heart of our home.

House is a cozy colonial situated in central NY built in the 1980s that came with a magnificent piece of property. The inside, however, needed (and still needs) much update. We ripped out all the (irregular) flooring on the first floor and had them replaced. Structural changes took place in the mudroom/garage-entry area as well as the wall between kitchen and dining room (widened).

Prior to renovations, I had ZERO experience with reno of any sort, let alone in design. I stumbled upon GW and my world changed! You have all been fantastic and an invaluable source of information and support. I direct all my renovating friends here now! Your finished kitchens have all been sources of inspiration for me and I have most definitely borrowed some of your ideas (built-in paper towel holder, motion detector light switch in pantry, stone window sill...).

Lastly, this is my dream kitchen in the home we hope to raise our family in. White kitchens are fairly uncommon around these parts and so far, that is one main feature people are taken by when they first walk into our kitchen. I hope you all enjoy the photos!

Details

Cabinets: Custom-made by Concepts in Wood (Syracuse, NY), Shaker-style doors, painted BM Chantilly Lace

Counters: Super white quartzite and titanium soapstone

Main Sink: Shaws Original Sink by Rohl - 30"

Main Faucet: Single Side Lever Country Kitchen Faucet with extended spout and sidespray by Rohl

Bar sink: inexpensive stainless sink from Ebay

Bar Faucet: EcoPure filter faucet (runs water from an RO system)

Range: 36" Bluestar with griddle

Hood: Vent-a-hood

Dishwasher: Kitchenaid

Refrigerator: old Kitchenaid that came with house (plan to replace in a year or 2)

Island pendants: Restored vintage hologen industrial pendants with original Heisey glass

Hardware: Highland Ridge by Amerock in 4" and 6"

Backsplash: Bellevue 3x6 ceramic tiles in Glacier by Best Tile

Before:

Before (view into dining room):

Before (view into garage entry):

Before (pantry with crazy-deep shelving):

Before (view into family room):

After:

Coffee/Wine bar:

Titanium Soapstone:

View from Mudroom:

Pantry:

Microwave will sit on counter atop drawers:

Mudroom (closet on opposite wall):

I have to include this photo of our backsplash in the midst of being grouted, taken while my GC was at lunch. Amazing what a difference grout makes!

Lastly, a fun shot of my girls having fun with bubble wrap and packing paper one evening when I was trying to move all my junk back in:

Comments (78)