SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
surroundedbywater

Buyer wants personal items

surroundedbywater
12 years ago

We received an offer at 93% of our list price. We were hoping to get 95% or more (they won't budge on price), but after 100+ DOM with no other legit offers, we're ready to accept the price and move on with our lives.

The buyers went through our house and made of list of several personal items of ours (furniture, rugs, mirrors, etc) that they want included. Who goes through someone's home like a shopping mart and wants their personal things....for free? I find this bizarre and am curious how common it is. We've countered and removed this from their offer.

We have moved a small portion of our belongings to another part of the state. DH's company is moving everything else in the next week or two. Not sure if that is what gave the impression that we would just give our things away. My personal belief is that our buyers are scavengers with no taste of their own.

There's more that I could say about our buyers. They are unethical and have no regard for wreaking havok on other people's lives. They've bounced between submitting offers on our home and another home. Always backing out when they didn't get their way. This is their third offer to us (we've never agreed to the point of a being under contract). They've rescinded offers twice on the other home. When they were under contract on the other home and in the inspection contigency period, they were trying to negotiate our house via email. It's too complicated to paint a clear picture of these people, but we've dealt with them enough to know they are nasty, horrible people. Needless to say, I have no idea if this will kill the deal or not.

Comments (88)