SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dlm2000

Quick question - anyone around?

DLM2000-GW
9 years ago

I was told the appraisal is among the last things to be done before closing. Our closing is set for 11/15 but I was just asked if the appraiser could come by today. Is this a good thing? bad thing? doesn't mean anything thing?

The inspection was done yesterday, neither realtor is anticipating anything substantial (famous last words) but we'll find out by Monday, they are waiving a radon test and due to the holiday, attorney approval continues until Monday. So this appraisal seems somewhat early, no? When my realtor called to set the appointment, she said it's very unusual but is taking it as a sign of how much they want the house and how they are pushing to get things done. Because there is a contingency on their sale and we are still showing till after they close 10/10, maybe they want as much done as possible so we don't use the kick out? They know there are showings scheduled despite being under contract and one party considering a bid. Thoughts? Anything I need to do in the hour I have before the appraiser gets here, LOL!!!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths