SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nickel_kg

quick question: dye lots and cellular shades

nickel_kg
6 years ago

Finally got around to buying two cellular shades for my bedroom windows. We chose light filtering, double cell in "oregano," a nice soft green. Received one in perfect condition, one with header misaligned and side broken. First shade went up perfectly, before we realized the 2nd was not right. The company suggested we return both shades for a full refund, and order two more -- to ensure the dye lot matches.

Well, maybe, but: I hate the idea of sending one perfectly good shade to the landfill (the store said it would have to be destroyed, can't be donated or resold). And, while the windows are side by side, this is an older house so what I will see is "shade, 6 inches of oak trim, 2nd shade" -- not "shade, shade". Neither husband nor I am terribly picky, and our very small bedroom is not generally seen by anyone else. Doubt we'd notice any difference ... so I'm leaning to keeping one, returning one.

How big a gamble am I taking? Anyone with experience buying multiple sets of cellular shades?

Comments (3)