SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happyladi

Home improvements that make sense on an entry level house?

Happyladi
16 years ago

We plan on selling our home in about two years when my son is out of high school. It is a standard 3/2/2 that was built in 1983. It is in a starter type neighborhood and is probably only going to sell for about $130 to $140 thousand.

The AC and electric furnace is orginal to the house. The AC is an 8.5 seer. Our bills are not that high compared to most of our neighbors. It still works very well and has been maintained. I am just wondering if it will be a problem to sell with that old a unit, even if it does work just fine. Does it make sense to spend five thousand or more to replace it?

The countertops in both bathrooms are cultured marble and have seen better days. I hate to overspend on them but realize kitchens and bathrooms are important. Whatever we do will have to be custom due to their size and layout.

Should we do cultured marble again or is it worth it to upgrade to granite or Silestone? We have Silestone in the kitchen, but this is not a high end neighborhood and most homes have laminate and cultured marble.

What do you think?

Comments (18)