SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kelleg69

basic attempt at kitchen layout with pix

kelleg69
16 years ago

Hi all. We are building a new house that won't begin for about a month. I have been meeting with KDs to get some bids.

I will include my first attempt at a layout based on my ideas, what the architect drew and two meetings with KDs and a bit of advice from a friend who is also building.

I plan to have a white kitchen most likely with inset cabinets. The "message center" will be an area for the phone, junk drawer, etc. It may or may not look like the other cabinets. I haven't decided. On the left end of the top of the kitchen, I may also consider more of a hutch look. It would probably house things like placemats and little used stuff.

We need a place for the microwave and I want it to be at eye level. I am thinking next to the ovens. Also, I plan to move the prep sink a bit further in to the island (so up in the picture). Also, I will have two DWs. I think the 2nd will be in the island. I will mainly use the one by the big sink.

I like to bake a lot--but mainly brownies and cookies--not pies or bread. I also cook a lot--soups, spaghetti, egg rolls, a bit of stir-frying (not often), pancakes, etc.

Also, the butler's pantry is in the plan. It DOES NOT have a sink and DW like it says it does. I have gotten rid of the sink and put the DW in the kitchen.

Please give me your input. I was reading a thread on aisle space. I think I may have too much, but I think it is nice to have a big area by the fridge. The fridge was originally where the ovens are (they swapped places) and this seemed too far away.

Also, I hope to have a trash pullout by both sinks if possible. The big pantry is for food processor, bread machine, canned goods, etc. The "snack pantry" is for Cheeto's, oreos--kids' stuff (though I unfortunately get into this stuff too!).

Thanks in advance for any help. Let me know if you have questions. We do have a kitchen table that is rectangular (not real wide) that goes in the "casual dining are." Also, there will be 4 bar stools on the island.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County