SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mpp798

Do Single Story and Smaller Houses Sell for More Per Square Foot?

mpp798
16 years ago

We found a home we are interested in buying in Austin. We like the house, but don't feel we have to have it. We don't want to overpay for it but want to be fair. It is one story and 2700 sq. ft. Our realtor provided comps that were all 1800 to 2100 sq ft. This house is priced the same per square foot as these smaller homes that sold. The only one story house that was 2700 sq. ft. included in the comps was listed for and sold for $35,000.00 less than this home in March. (homes haven't gone up alot in this subdivision since then) I also got the comps for similar two story homes. (2700 sq. ft., all brick, same quality etc.) The two story homes in the neighborhood were listed for and sold for $30-40,000 less than the asking price of this house. I am meeting with my realtor tomorrow. I think he will probably say that the house is fairly priced based on the one story smaller sq. ft. Maybe it is. What is your experience? Since I only have the one large one story comp to go by, I just don't know. Are the two story comps even relevent? He didn't send them until I asked. Thank you in advance for your opinions.

Comments (10)