SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happymary45

how to use equity in present house (not sold) to buy new house

happymary45
15 years ago

Hi,

I know this question has been talked about before, but I can't seem to find it here. I would like to know how many people find a house they want before they've even put their present house on the market, thus having no access to the equity of the house they are moving from.

I hope that came across ok. The house we live in has about $46K left on the mortgage. The house we want is about $89,900. I'm pretty sure that will come down, and I think we can get at least $70K for our house now. I KNOW these house prices are probably very low compared to what most people are used to, but we never want to have huge expenses and the house we are eyeballing is only about 400 sf bigger than our present home, but for someone who has raised three kids in a 1080 sf home, that's alot. My question is, what would it cost to get a bridge loan (swing loan?) and yes, I realize my house might not sell right away. However, the housing market here is pretty strong, still, or at least much better than most parts of the country right now. Our house is a very affordable starter home and I'm thinking that because it is in a lower price range, maybe there will be more buyers who can afford it. I'm only thinking about this right now. I'm not on the verge of making a life changing decision, but I value the advice I've read throughout these forums and need some info about this. thanks!

Comments (13)