SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ajrivers_gw

Wrong door installed...what do I do?

ajrivers
17 years ago

Hi there. We are actually doing a kitchen remodel, but in the midst of it we knocked the wall down between kitchen and family room and put in a bar. When we did this we needed to change patio doors because the old french door had an active door on the right which would have hit the new bar. The intention was to get a new french door with the active door on the left. My description to the contractor when we added it to the contract was a "double door with active on left"...what he wrote in the contract was "atrium door with left active". I made a bad assumption and assumed I didn't know the lingo and he had the right thing in there. Well...I was wrong. An atrium door has only one door and then a frame in the middle and the other door is just like a window really. It looks really silly.

Do I have any reprecussions with contractor or am I screwed since contract said atrium door even though my email said "double" which to me implies two doors and two door handles even though one doesn't move.

Thanks and sorry for the long post. Amy

Comments (3)