SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rich825

Kitchen color help!

Rich825
10 years ago

Hi all....love the help and assistance here. This is my second post (moved from the paint forum to here based on a recommendation), but I am a long time reader. I have tried and tried to find the right color for my kitchen to no avail. I have painted and repainted and can't seem to find the right thing.
I have one of those big, open houses with family room adjoining kitchen. The family room is painted in Behr "Juicy Fig" PMD-67...a dark olive green color. It has a 2-story fireplace with rust colored stones. And large 2-story purple curtains. I was going for a triadic color scheme in the family room.

The adjoining kitchen has light maple cabinets and a crazy pinkish/orange countertop. The floors are going dark brown wood-look porcelain later this week.

I have tried a neutral gray(with blue undertones..."Dolphin") in the kitchen...it looked horrible. I tried a soft green (Martha "Garden Shed").. .it looks bad.

Attached is a picture...edited in the Behr helper with a soft green yellow yuk. (and my angry wife on the couch...lol).

According to Behr's site, "New Penny" will provide a match to my juicy fig? Seems kinda bold. Hopefully the picture will give you an idea. Help...PLEASE!

Thank you all!

Comments (20)