SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heyker_gw

Help! I need to redo my wall o'windows...soon!

heyker
15 years ago

Hi all! I have suddenly found myself in the unenviable position of needing to replace my sliding patio door(s) in a 1960 addition to my 1928 traditional home. As you will see in my pics, we live in the cold, snowy midwest, and the current doors are terribley inefficient and cold, so replacement is necessary, but now that the glass is broken in one, the need is more urgent. I am getting estimates from Marvin and Andersen.

My question is, what would you do bring this 60's style addition more into the traditional (but casual)style of the rest of the home? I have included pics of the family room, as well as some from my living and dining rooms, so you can see the style of the rest of the home. We'd like to change the fireplace and then make the rest of that wall built-ins/entertainment center...but not at this time, as the windows will wipe us out for the time being...

As for my wall of windows, I *think* I might go with a pair of french doors that hinge inward to replace the double slider, then where the triple slider is, go with double-hungs that are similar in style to our LR and DR windows, maybe 24" off the ground, along the entire wall.

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? Pictures? I'd really appreciate it!

Kerry

Here is a link that might be useful: photos of family room

Comments (5)