SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jdknyc_gw

White Quartzite is in (photos)! need help w/ backsplash

jdknyc
12 years ago

Kitchen is not done yet, but here are our brand new White Macauba Quartzite countertops. We are very happy with the results! (The iphone photos don't do it justice) Now we need to figure out the backsplash situation. We are leaning toward a dark gray stone backsplash that will complement the veining in the countertop and also provide some contrast with the white cabinets. The range wall is a no-brainer...we will tile up to the ceiling and then install our range hood.

The sink wall, however, is more of a challenge. As you can (hopefully) see, we have asymmetrical windows, as well as bumpouts in the corners. At first I was thinking of running the 18" line all the way across from the undercabinets to the sink wall. Unfortunately the sill of the small window is at something like 17". Also, I went without window trim in the kitchen, which means I'd have to figure out how to elegantly finish off the tile there.

DH thinks we should tile up to the ceiling on the sink wall but I was afraid of too much dark gray tile. Plus, I had been thinking of doing open shelves above the sink - originally thinking walnut veneer. Anyhow, any thoughts would be much appreciated!! Thank you.

Comments (40)

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals