SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisychain01_gw

paint for attic bdrm in 100 yr old home

daisychain01
11 years ago

We've just had the wood floors (fir stained dark so it's quite reddy/orange) redone and my 13yr old DD is set to move up to our 3rd floor attic. It is quite a large space for an attic with two rooms each about 8 feet wide and 15 feet long. There is only one slanted wall at one of the short ends. There is quite a bit of light.

She has an antique brass bed with thick brass rails, capiz shell light fixture and a wing chair that I'm going to slipcover. She wants a bit of a bohemian look and we are looking for a cheap flotaki rug to go under the bed.

I'd like to do the wide wood trim in BM' s ivory white because the colour on it now is close to that and it would be a lot of work to change it. For the walls, I'm thinking of a grey that is light and on the greenish side. She had originally wanted F and B's downpipe - a very dark grey but we decided it would be too dark. I just tried to pick a green grey for our basement and it turned out beige. Any ideas? She is away for a week and I'd like to have it done to surprise her when she returns on Saturday. Thanks!

Comments (6)