SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andresrr_gw

Replacing double wall ovens with range?

Andresrr
10 years ago

We are planning our kitchen remodel and are stuck at almost every detail. The latest is the decision between keeping our double wall ovens and cooktop or replacing with slide in range. Here are the particulars:

We'd happily move to a bigger house if we could afford it but we cannot. We may be there for the long run. In the six years we have been in the house, we have used both ovens exactly three times. Our children our young, we don't do holidays at my house but instead go to the parents. I don't like turkey.

We cook just about every day for a family of four. We bake maybe once or twice a week and must admit having the wall oven is very ergonomical. The second oven acts as storage for our cast iron cookware, which we use once or twice a week. Not a small thing actually.

I would say our kitchen is moderate size. Wall ovens are common in our area and I would say the current functionality is good overall.

A range would allow us to pick up cabinet space but not much in the way of counter space; at least as currently designed. Obviously, a range is also cheaper than double ovens, which is a consideration. Resale value I think should always be a factor as you never know, we could move sooner than we think.

Of course, we could comprise and get a single oven?

Comments (10)