SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jel48

Prayers needed for my sister

jel48
14 years ago

As I've seen many times over, the results of Kitchen Table prayers can be tremendous. I just found out today that my next oldest sister, the one who has lung cancer, has been in pretty bad shape this past couple of weeks.

My niece (her oldest daughter) sent this update today:

"She has been in and out of the hospital a couple of times in the last few weeks. She was to have a biopsy done about 3 weeks ago. They went in laproscopically and it turned out that the spot was too large to biopsy that way. They came out and ask dad if they could go in with a 12 inch incision and do what they needed to do. He said no. Mom would have been very upset to wake up and find out they had done that. A couple years ago when she had that partial lung removed it took her about 6 months to heal from that. She isn't even as strong now as she was then. anyway...they sealed her up and brought her home with a big oxygen machine that she is hooked up to 24/7. The oxygen is causing her phlem to thicken to the point where it was gagging her until she would vomit. So dad took her back to the hospital where they kept her more than a week to try to get that straightened out. They also found that she was running a low grade temp (she said that's been going on for quite a while) they ran some tests and found a bacterial infection in her lung. So now she is on antibiotics for that and could be taking them long term. She is pretty much sitting in her chair and coughing up 'stuff'. We (kids) have been taking turns making sure someone is there most weekends. Dad is really struggling keeping a handle on everything"

Please pray for her and for all of her family, including her husband, children, grandchildren and great grandchildren, and maybe a little bit for all of us sisters too.

Comments (20)