SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
clarion5

Disaster - Please Help

clarion5
16 years ago

Just when I was going to ask you all to celebrate with me on my finishing of my double wedding ring quilt - disaster struck! I hand quilted the centers with a double feathered heart motif. Most of the motifs I used a water soluble purple marking pen (specifically for quilting). I pre-tested it first to see if it came off with water and it did. On 3 of the motifs I used a yellow crayola washable marker ( I had read a tip on this forum these worked and were less expensive). I also pre-tested this before using and it also came off with water. Upon completing the binding on the quilt I put my beautiful, brand new DWR in a cold water rinse in my washer. Swished a little, and spun the water out. All purple and yellow markings came off the front of the quilt. So what is the disaster, you ask? The yellow - somehow, someway transferred to the backing in perfect motif shape. I have large yellow hearts and some just yellow splotches on the back of my quilt!!! The quilt is still pretty wet and the yellow will not come off!!! Please help! What can I do? This is so weird as the yellow marker did NOT go all the way thru the batting on to the backing when I first marked it. HOw would the water make it go thru???? And besides, it is supposed to be water soluble. All thoughts and ideas will be appreciated. thx weaz

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery