SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kitchenredo2_gw

Cherry Cabs and Soapstone - Just a Dream??

kitchenredo2
15 years ago

I went to look at soapstone slabs on Friday and I really am taken with them. I originally thought I would want black, but these have quite a bit of veining and my DH, who didn't want soapstone at all, fell in love with the veined slabs! The question is, will they go with my cabinets (which of course are ordered and are due to arrive next week)?

I have cherry cabinets (slab front) with a toffee stain so they are on the dark side. My kitchen is very sunny - it has windows on the north wall and sliding glass doors on the east wall (about 9 feet of glass). I was originally looking at lighter counter tops (to contrast with the darker cabinets) but they became very washed out in that room (and the shiny granite became very reflective and I wasn't happy with how it looked).

The kitchen will be contemporary. I am planning on painting the kitchen a creamy white to allow the cabinets and the countertops to stand out. I will also have a black fireplace on the south wall, which I think will tie-in nicely with the counter tops. I have stainless steel appliances, brushed nickel faucets. I will use the pendant lights and other accessories add other colors to the space. The floors will be the existing hardwoods - I am planning on keeping them the same color, unless I have to change it to make the cabinets and the SS work better in the space...

Here are photos of the cabinet and the soapstone (why I didn't take a photo of the cabinet next to the SS is beyond me - I think I was more concerned with my 3 year old getting crushed by a slab...). And a photo of the black fireplace (for some reason I don't have a shot from the kitchen side). Do you think I can do this?

SS Photo #1

SS Photo #2

Fireplace

Comments (13)