SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bestyears_gw

Floor Choice for Creamy/Cab Soapstone Kitchen

bestyears
15 years ago

oh lord, I don't think I can possibly make one more trip to the floor store -for one thing they are starting to look at me like I'm a bit of a wierdo. Which I may be but that is a subject for another day...

Okay, I'd love the look of wood in the kitchen, but have abandoned all hope there. We have brazillian cherry in the rest of the house. Love it, but it shows everything, most particularly scratches. We live hard in our kitchen. Have brought home samples of laminate after hearing it doesn't scratch nearly as badly. They all look great till I lay them next to my solid wood floor....

So. We have to have tile. Can anyone recommend a specific tile (i.e. manufacturer's name, series name, color etc.)? I am trying to keep it as neutral as possible so that my wall color choices, both now and down the road, will not be too limited. So I've been looking at ivory/mottled travertine-looking stuff. I'd prefer to go with porcelain or ceramic because of maintenance issues with real stone. Love the look of an old farmhouse stone floor. Cabinets will be SW Antique White, counter will be Beleza soapstone. Wall color not chosen yet, but something taupy/grayish/greenish. Table is an old antique circular table. Island is an old antique buffet converted to an island with a butcherblock top. Backsplash = crackled subway in very light ivory. Cabinet hardware = ORB.

I thank you. The floor guy thanks you. My husband thanks you....

Comments (23)