SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peachiepie_gw

Help me turn my Split Foyer into a welcoming plan

peachiepie
14 years ago

Long Post everybody. I'm sorry. Please be patient with me.

I am in the process of updating my 1970's house on a very limited budget. The things I can do, I'll do. The other things are being done with my very good and reasonable contractor.

Like Oceanna, I have a split foyer entry. I am posting pictures and have some ideas. I need you guys to get my creative juices flowing--what little juice I have left :)

There are 5 pictures--the foyer looking up to the lichen landing; down from the topto the foyer; down to the lower area; a shot of the wall at the top of the stairs, and a shot of the mess in the living room. I have been painting the railing back to black (the original color), from an off white that I changed it to many years ago. I want to take the areas back to a more traditional look.

Here are some of my ideas:

The wall at the bottom with the mirror will have a picture instead. I should have snapped it--It's yellow and green. My favorite color is yellow. I know I can't have it every where.

The risers on the stairs will be painted Behr High Gloss white or satin and will have wordart on every other one beginning at the top. I like a picture I saw in the Gallery that had plants on the stairs--I like that. I have quite a few plants.

The wallpaper is being removed. Crown molding will be installed in the foyer, living and dining room. Chair rail will be installed in the Lr, dr, hw. Not sure about the foyer--what do you think.

I will probably update the wall with the clock. I do intend to keep the clock. The sofa table on the same wall will be placed behind the sofa leaving the hall area clear.

What could I put with the clock?

To the right of the stairs going up are three bedrooms and 2 baths. Rooms are yellow or green. Engineered hardwood is in all of the bedrooms, hall and foyer. I intend to put it in the LR, but not the DR and kitchen, though the dining room is formal. What do you think. I will talk about the kitchen once I complete the foyer--baby steps here.

I will replace the ceiling fan in the foyer with a pretty chandy, probably in black--ideas?

The blinds in the LR are coming down. A bit dated.

Help me choose paint colors for the foyer--any design ideas using moldings--I love the looks you can create with it. What would you do about paint going downstairs?

Oh yes, would you paint the door black or leave it staineed as is. Maybe, a darker stain. Anything else you want to recommend, I am all ears. Thanks.

Peachie

Comments (11)