SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jakabedy_gw

Ever hired a designer just to help pick flooring?

jakabedy
15 years ago

Hello! DH and I have busy hoarding money and now that we have our long-awaited Bush Bucks, we are ready to engage in some home improvement.

The problem: we really can't figure out what flooring we can/want to use when replacing the nasty carpet in our living and dining area. DH would like hardwood (I think it will make the huge room too loud), I would like cork (DH thinks it isn't durable enough), or we might do OK with simply a better carpet.

I worry about whether I will like a floating floor (if it sounds the least bit hollow when I walk on it I will hate myself for years) but I also worry about glue-down with a slab.

The room is a bit odd and has some non-negotiables. It is a slab, with vents and outlets in the floor, long walls of windows (no base molding in those areas, just the narrow aluminum frame of the windows) and has to butt up to existing pavers. That makes it a challenge for floating products.

We're at a loss as to what would work best for us. Can I just go to a good flooring place and beg their best person to come to my house and make suggestions? Is this something I should just enlist a regular interior designer to do?

Thank you!

Comments (11)