SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momto4boys_gw

updated kitchen pics (painted cabinets and glass fronts)

momto4boys
13 years ago

Alright, we're just about done. Well, let's just say we've given up :) Still need to touch up some paint on the wall where we removed old crown. Need to throw a light rail up, I have under cabinet lighting that needs to be put installed. I miss counted, and need to order another cup pull for a drawer. There are some other odds and ends.

Oh, and repaint the bottom cabs!! LOL.

They're too light. I wanted a slight contrast. But, it's just TOO slight. We used BM white dove on the top, and BM baby fawn on the bottom. For the little time it took to paint the lower cabs ourself, and the little money our painter charged to spray the doors..I'm fine with going with another color.

I'm just not in a hurry to do it right now. It's nice out, and my flower beds are calling. We'll get to it...eventually :)

I will say in person, it looks much better. The baby fawn looks good with the floors and counter. Better then the white would. But, I love the white with the subway tile.

At the end of the day, it's all a bit too much white for me. With the appliances and all. I've always been turned off by the white appliances, and white cabs. All too 80's feeling to me. But...I did it. I'm happy enough just to get rid of the oak.

I no longer walk in and picture something else. Obsess over this and that. It's pretty much as good as it's going to get for a cookie cutter kitchen.

This was about two yrs ago, with all my mother's crud on the top of the cabs :) When the counters were still a not so lovely GREEN.

now

new counter top, dh put in subway tile backsplash last yr, added bead board behind bar, and end of cab. and beefed up the molding (biggest difference to me. HATED the big void over the cabs)

right after backsplash was done, and we were testing different knobs

thanks everyone for all your advice, help..and putting up with me. I know I've driven everyone NUTS!! LOL

Comments (41)