SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lmalm53_gw

Kitchen Remodel Update - Wall Paint Finished with Pics!

lmalm53
14 years ago

Hi everyone! Sorry I have been MIA on these forums for several months. I just saw on one of my clipped posts that a couple people were asking what wall colors and window treatments I finally decided on for my Kitchen area. The original post apparently has dropped off the active list so I thought I would post an update here.

We finished the paint job in our kitchen, sunroom, powder room and laundry area in February. I sewed some simple valances for the sunroom and purchased pleated shades for the kitchen windows. We LOVE the kitchen! Everything there is finally done except refinishing the original hardwood flooring.

We have now moved to "phase 2" of our whole house remodel and just started on our dining room, great room, entry foyer, guest bath and bedroom hallway. All the 20 year old wallpaper has been stripped and walls/trim all newly painted. The next step is to pull up the old carpeting and replace with new hardwood floors. We hope to get that done before Thanksgiving if possible.

Sorry I haven't posted recent pictures but here are a few of my original old kitchen and the newly remodeled kitchen area in pretty much its final form.

THE ORIGINAL CIRCA 1989 KITCHEN AREA:

THE NEW 2009 KITCHEN AREA:

This is the kitchen after we painted the walls but before I got the window shades:

Looking toward deck door and pantry:

New Island Cooktop and PopUp Vent:

Looking toward Fireplace:

Looking toward Butler Pantry:

From Kitchen entrance:

From Sunroom towards Butler Pantry:

Butler Pantry Paint:

The new kitchen window shades:

Kitchen Shades Half Open:

Light Filtering Pleated Shades:

New Powder Room Paint:

New Sunroom Paint: