SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debbieinmiami

Question about choosing another agent

DebbieInMiami
16 years ago

Now that I am out looking for a new agent, (for those of you who might remember, current agent and I have decided to part ways)....I was going to e-mail an agent whose name I know in the local market, because he markets himself very agressively. I thought it would be a good place to start and I am curious to see what he would say about my house. I checked his listings and he has everything from million $ homes to smaller than mine. Loved his website, very up to date, and he outlines his marketing plan on there as well.

Long story short, I just realized that he is based out of the same Remax office as my current agent! Man, talk about night & day....so the question is - is it appropriate to call someone else from her office? I don't see any reason why not...I mean if one has it together and the other doesn't - whose fault is that?

It's quite shocking the difference in their websites, though it doesn't surprise me because the current agent is obviously not with the times and this guy is.

So first question is: is it ok to contact this guy, and second question is, what success have you all had in using an agent who markets himself agressively and appears to be very successful? Any negatives about this kind of agent? His site says he as "a lot of assistants" who are with you every step of the way, so I don't imagine you work directly with him.

Of course I know (now) there are a lot of questions I need to ask. Curious what you guys have to say? THANKS!!

Comments (12)