SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
singerslew

The kitchen is painted and I'm not feeling it...

Sophie Ingerslew
12 years ago

Hi all... it's been a while since I've posted.

We recently put up a backsplash in our kitchen after almost 3 years of being in this house. We love the backsplash as soon as it went up, but it definitely made the walls look very stark. I had the owner of the local Benjamin Moore paint store come over for a color consult and she suggested powell buff as a good neutral color. I put the paint swatch up on the wall, but it was booed by DH, my in-laws and some friends. One friend suggested I go in a completely different direction and go for some color since my kitchen gets very natural light. She also said that since my furniture and accessories are all muted colors, a brighter color on the wall would liven things up. I went back to the Benjamin Moore store and got a few greens on the wall and finally settled on "sweet daphne." My breakfast room is painted BM "currant red." It's only been up on the wall for 24 hours and I know paint has to "cure" for at least a week, but I am not loving the color. I wonder whether I should have gone with something more neutral?

Here is the kitchen before the backsplash and paint (I've posted this before):

Here is the kitchen with the backsplash:

Here it is with the paint:

View with the breakfast room:

What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

Comments (37)