SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jejvtr_gw

Progressing w/Ext Paint pics

jejvtr
15 years ago

A long road (as some of you may recall) our ext was in desparate need of paint - took some time interviewing painters - this guy is meticulous

All storms came off, downspots, removing old window chalking, removed the paint from cedar shake roof -, sanding, stripping, sanding =

While I've been putting more & more sample paint & not happy w/most of it -

This was Fri during rainstorm - his guys came back to reinstall the downspots

Back of house - notice the mult samples

Front on Fri

Today

Despite all the photoshop help & my thinking I didn't want a white house here's where I think I'm going

Body (btwn the 2 windows) - French Canvas BM, Shutters are FB light blue -

I think it achieves what I'm looking for - The shutters needed to be subtle (see prior thread -link below) so I wanted a few shades up from body color not bold

**Note the shutters will be properly stripped, sanded, prepped - this was done quickly for staging***

Close up - french canvas - FB light blue

He'll do a bigger sample tomorrow - remove the other sample colors -

Feedback welcome

Here's where I'm having to decide in addition to firming paint body, shutters, I think crisp white for trim

- Front door

He will strip both doors & stain - ?what color -He is thinking of a walnut brown - I actually like that idea

If not stain, what paint color

Rail & porch decking will be stained - so what if that is a few shades lighter than door?

BM french canvas

http://www.benjaminmoore.com/bmpsweb/portals/bmps.portal?_nfpb=true&_windowLabel=portletInstance_2&portletInstance_2_actionOverride=%2Fbm%2Fcms%2FContentRenderer%2FrenderContent&portletInstance_2currentNodeUUID=%2FBEA+Repository%2F202001&portletInstance_2NodeUUID=%2FBEA+Repository%2F306001&_pageLabel=fh_home

F&B

http://www.farrow-ball.com/productdetails.aspx?pid=0022LB&cid=PC&language=en-GB

Thanks All

Here is a link that might be useful: Prev link on ext house

Comments (27)