SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missyv_gw

Progress (pic heavy) Pictures/Suggestions Needed!

MIssyV
12 years ago

I was debating whether or not to post "progress pics" but so many of you were more than generous with your time in helping me decide if we should keep the existing U shape layout, or detach the peninsula to an L shape with island. I wanted to show you what we decided to do :) And as always, I need input on a few things, so here we go....

This is what we had before an remodeling began...

This is what we had before we changed the layout....

Here is where we are currently at, keep in mind there is still lots to do, like put the end panel on the side of the dishwasher, trim, paint the walls and ceiling, new counter tops (BA on perimeter and burnt umber stained mahogany island top), new cab over dishwasher, oh the list goes on and on! But here is what we have as of today...

So, as you all know, its a work in progress! Here is the general layout of our soon to be island (thank to another GW!) I LOVE her soapstone and the awesome rounded edges, but we are doing the burnt umber stained mahogany w/ ogee edge instead.

Here are a few things I have picked out (crossing my fingers I am happy with these choices)

The ticor sink

the faucet

So here is what I need help on....

1. LIGHTING! I am heavily leaning towards can lights over the stove run and the sink run, and some type of lighting over the island. We only have 8 ft ceilings, so debating on what type of lighting to put over the island.

2. Over the range....OTR micro's are too tall at 16", leaving us only 12" or so to the range top, so looking at range hoods. We are going cheap here :) Its purely aesthetics for me. Here are two I am looking at..

3. Soffit - should I paint the soffit same as cabs (linen white) or the color going in rest of the kitchen (revere pewter)? There will be molding along cabs where it meets soffit and crown at top of soffit along ceiling. Which leads to question 3a.) should all my molding be same color or can i bump down a few shades of white for the crown? The crown will be in rest of my house, so needs to be color that looks good against cabs AND in rest of the house.

Whew, if you are still with me, here are my questions:

1. Lighting...what do you recommend for the kitchen as a whole?

2. Range hood - any thoughts?

3. I am super nervous about my sink. I currently have a moen stone and just love it, and had planned to buy a blanco but without the slab to pick a sink color, i chickened out (mostly because i know redroze regrets her sink color). I am nervous about the shape and material!

4. Sink reveal- thoughts?

If I failed to cover something, ask me! I am trying to get all my thoughts into one post, but I am absent minded these days :) Thanks to you ALL, what a blessing this site is!

Comments (14)