SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
behaviorkelton

in today's market, low-end homes sell faster?

behaviorkelton
16 years ago

I've asked a question like this a good while ago, but in today's market....at a time when it seems clear that the winds of change are now favoring buyers, is it more difficult to sell a nicer/expensive home?

I'm assuming that some people are going to be more interested in buying now that it appears that there will be more "deals" (a recent CNN story revealed that there has been a jump in home sales, but at lower prices than usual).

I'm also assuming that there are simply more people that can afford a less expensive home.

In addition, the higher mortgage rates may force people to look at homes that are more affordable.

Given that I live in a very low end home (in a lovely neighborhood of much, much nicer homes), I am interested in this little theory of mine! I am becoming somewhat tired of being a home owner and actually realized it just months after buying, so it is likely that I will be a "seller" sooner than expected. I suppose I'm a born renter....or more of a rural guy.

In my lifetime, I have always been able to sell a $1500 car fast...REAL fast. $15,000 car?...not so fast at all.

thanks!

Comments (22)