SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christy203_gw

Don't make this mistake..learn from me!

christy203
13 years ago

Well we just are putting the finishing touches on my kitchen. I won the argument to put 3x6 cararra subways on the backsplash. They were put in a few days ago....disaster. As is the case with marble....this was very variable..only after did I learn about the different grades of cararra and I guess what I really should have gotten was the statuary cararra, the whiter, less gray less busy one? Anyway right as they are putting it in i am knowing i am not loving it and my husband is moaning and groaning the entire time "told you we should have gone with a solid cermaic or porcelain".....I figured it would grow on me. It didn't. Yesterday we had it all ripped out! Ordered the porcelain. It is coming in on Wed. and being installed late next week. Case closed. Lesson learned. Just some advice to anyone considering cararra see what lot you are getting, it would pay to go for the extra premium to result in less variation, more white unless you want a lot of gray/more veining. It is the nature of marble and I guess since my kitchen is more transitional..we wanted a cleaner crisp look, not so much variation and our slab was unusually clean. Anyway I am not crying over spilled milk anymore, nothing is going to change it. We were going to do cararra in our master but now that I went throught this we decided on crema marfil and dark brown accents. Safer. Oh....the love of a house and its growing pains!

Comments (6)