SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oakrunfarm

Will it make me crazy if my stnls finishs and hndles don't match?

oakrunfarm
16 years ago

Hello all,

I have been spending waaaaay too much time (eight months) researching appliances for our new build, and thought I had made my decision.

Then it occurred to me that my choice for wall/micro oven (Monogram) and FD fridge (Profile) might have different finishes in ss. I called GE and she confirmed they do. Also, that they have different style handles. She seemed to think the handle style difference might be a bigger issue.

While I am kind of on the matchy matchy side, and a bit of a stickler for symmetry, I wouldn't say I have OCD about stuff like this.

I am so tired from reviewing all of this stuff ad nauseum, that I am tempted just to say "so what" and run with it, but I also don't want to wish I had done otherwise once the dust has settled.

I am also considering changing everything to black finish as I thought that might be an option. My cabinets are a light eggshell-colored maple with a pewter glaze, my countertops are mostly black (Volga Blue), and I have dark pewter-colored slate floors, so I think that might be a pretty combination.

Could I please get opinions as well as personal experience with this issue?

Thanks so much! :)

Comments (4)