SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shiningonme

Update on previous post

shiningonme
15 years ago

This is an update to my "I think Im gonna be sick" post:

Well, we found that the job that hubby moved to the other state for may not be as stable as we had hoped, there is a huge turnover, and alot of unhappy people. The job is also fickle in that one day hubby is an amazing employee, the next day he is being told they are unhappy with his work. So I got really nervous, (I was afraid I wouldnt only be on the hook for the new mortgage-I wasnt sure how long it would be before my current house sold, and I didnt want to live with my heart in my mouth that if one of dh's superior was having a "bad day" he would be left unemployed-and with 2 high mortgages)and pulled out of the foreclosure deal-with only the loss of my earnest deposit, and money due to the attorney I had working on it.

We still went forward with the sale of my home here in PA, because we decided we would rent an apartment for the time being to be together again, and if the job lasts at least a year or so, and dh feels secure in it, we will then purchase a home.

Last Thursday we put the house on the market for 234,900, had 5 people walk through it by tuesday evening, and wednesday we had an offer and we negotiated to 227,000, contingent on them selling their home. We put in a 48 hour kick out clause and accepted. The next day, contract number 2 came in and we ended up settling on the same price the first contract offered without a contingency-and we signed the papers yesterday. The first people have until tommorow to come up with financing which isnt likely. Both want to close August 1.

Found an apt where hubby is that allows pets in a complex that looks really nice, and it looks like the kids and I will be moving in early July.

I am so glad we made this choice....Now I could wait and see what happens with this job-and if by chance it doesnt work out it will be very easy to pick up and go to the next job without the worry of selling another home.

Thanls all so much for all of your help with this-it seems to all be working out for the best.

Here is a link that might be useful: original post

Comments (9)