SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okwriter

*Ahem* I feel a little guilty about this

okwriter
15 years ago

There have been two recent posts about cutting back because of high fuel costs. Don't get me wrong--we are feeling it, too, so YES, we are cutting corners in our daily lives. But here's the deal. I didn't post on either of those "cutting back" threads because I feel guilty that DH and I are going on vacation. I mean, it's a 2-week driving trip (of all things) to Maine...thousands of miles...in a full-size pickup!

We've had this trip planned for months, and we are sooooo excited about it! We went through a spell awhile back where we waffled (Should we go? Should we stay home?) because of the cost of everything right now, but we finally just said "To heck with it! Let's go!" Even so, I just can't keep from justifying it by saying we have only taken a handful of vacations in 20 years, that this is our first (and maybe only!) two-week vacation, we work so hard all year, we're stimulating the economy (I love that one!), blah blah blah.

Despite my blog-virgin status, I'm going to give it a whirl while we're gone (link below), and I felt guilty even setting up the blog! Please just tell me it's OK that we go out and burn all that fossil fuel and that I'm a goofus for feeling guilty. (HURRY! Don't knock each down being first in line to tell me! LOL!)

Here is a link that might be useful: Great Escape 2008

Comments (48)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!